Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Our First Ice - New Layout LOAD #16 & 17

Happy Hump day! I finally caught up on all my POTD posts from 2013, now I just have to create the digital album. I was able to finally work on another layout for the January LOAD (Lay Out A Day) over at Let's Scrap. I have fallen behind, LOL! This is #16  & 17.



I created this page from one of my EmbellishKits. 


For the right side, I played along with Sketches4All - Stacy H-W's Jan stash challenge. This challenge is to use clear bling or glitter. I used multiple snowflakes with clear bling in the middle. 


For the left side, I played along with My Scraps & More - Mix It Up Monday 1-20-14, to use three sets of three. I used three pattern papers, three snowflakes, and three photos.  I also played along with Sketches4All - Winter Wonderland challenge.  This is an "anything goes" challenge as long as you use the Winter Wonderland theme AND is based on this gorgeous inspiration picture:

I was inspired by the "ice" crystals and woodsy pine pieces to select the photos of Maddie in the ice checking out all the frozen trees and sticks. I was also inspired to use the teal and browns on my page. Finally, I mimic'd the fireplace in the background with my framed photos and I mimic'd the teal runner with the teal number strip I used along the left hand side of the page. 

Materials used:  paper - Carta Bella; snowflakes - Jolee's; twine - unknown; corrugated arrow - CTMH; ink - CTMH; stickers - MME and Carta Bella; layered stickers - MME; journaling block - Making Memories; corner rounder - Creative Memories.

Thanks for visiting!  Hopefully I will get one more layout completed this evening.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Val-Belle said...

Oh wow Jess this layout is gorgeous. I love the colours and the photos are fantastic... I wish we got snow... not so sure about solid ice though... Maddie seems to be enjoying it :D I love this.